Hawkeyes will attempt to pull off an eighth straight dirty deed on the series with Huskers
AC/DC’s Angus Young in 2016 (Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
1. Although Iowa has won the last seven games of this series, the last four have been decided by a point. Iowa has not led the Huskers at halftime since 2019 or after three quarters since 2018.
2. AC/DC’s “Back in Black” is the climax of the pre-game at Kinnick Stadium. The band’s “Back in Black” tour made a stop in Cedar Rapids in 1980, the first of their four performances there in 10 years.
3. After Kansas won six games this season, every Power Five program has qualified for the Bowl since 2017 except Nebraska.
4. Iowa won its last games on November 14th. Nebraska has lost its last eight November games.
5. The Hawkeyes have kept 10 of their 11 opponents below their season scoring average and all 11 opponents below their season total offensive average.
6. Nebraska has six one-score losses. The Huskers led two of their losses after three quarters and tied in two more at the end of three quarters.
7. Iowa is sixth nationally in overall defense, 130th in overall offense. Nebraska is 101st in overall offense, 108th in overall defense.
8. Last week, for the first time since 1963, the Big Ten had four conference games in which neither team scored 20 points. These included Iowa’s 13-10 win in Minnesota and Nebraska’s 15-14 home loss to Wisconsin.
9. The 263 rushing yards Minnesota’s Mohamed Ibrahim had against Iowa last week was the most by a Hawkeyes opponent since LeShon Johnson had 306 in 1993. Iowa also won that game.
10. If Nebraska loses this game, it will be their second straight 3-9 and have their worst straight season since 1957-58.
11. Iowa has won its 10th straight season. This is Nebraska’s sixth straight losing season.
12. Former Hawkeye wide receiver Oliver Martin of Iowa City has 10 catches for 188 yards and one touchdown for Nebraska this season.
13. Iowa needs 362 yards to avoid the Big Ten having the worst total mileage in the Big Ten in the past 24 years in the regular season. Rutgers had 3,152 yards in 2017. Iowa has 2,791.
14. Jack Campbell of Iowa was a media first-team All-Big Ten pick last year. The coaches chose him for the third team.
15. The Riverside High Chargers of Cedar Rapids, Neb., won 9-2 in football this year.
16. Nebraska is 37-0 all-time in volleyball games against Iowa and hasn’t lost a set in their last six games.
17. Jake Butt is the color commentator for BTN in this game. He was a close finish with 138 career receptions in Michigan, but only five came against Iowa or Nebraska.
18. The first recorded use of the term “Black Friday” was the collapse of the US gold market on September 24, 1869. Gold is one of Iowa’s team colors.
19. This is the first time the Hawkeyes or Huskers have played on the same day as a US World Cup football game.
20. Sunset for this game is at 4:38 p.m