Reebok announces brand new DC x Reebok collection
Posted on November 19, 2022 by Neil Cole
Today, Reebok and Warner Bros. Discovery Global Consumer Products (WBDGCP) announced a full family collection of footwear and apparel inspired by iconic DC characters. The line is a stunning mix of Reebok’s most popular product and DC’s legendary superheroes and supervillains. The DC x Reebok Collection will be available December 2nd at Reebok.com/us/dc and at retailers including Finish Line, Hibbett Sports and Amazon.
DC fans are invited to choose their side in the battle between good and evil with a range of lifestyle and performance super sneakers. Characters throughout the collection include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, The Joker, and Harley Quinn. In addition to being visually inspired by these characters, each footwear is crafted from materials representative of the instantly recognizable supersuits each wears.
Further details on the inspiration of each shoe silhouette are:
• Shaq Attaq (HQ4587, $180) – One of the greatest superheroes of all time takes on Reebok’s larger-than-life sneaker, the Shaq Attaq. Inspired by the Man of Steel himself, this version of the shoe pays homage to some of Superman’s core superpowers, from the translucent hardware on the shoe that references his x-ray vision to the skate sole that reveals his cold breath. Available in unisex sizes from 5.5 – 13. There is also a Superman inspired Classic Leather in kids sizes.
• LX2200 (HQ4584, $110) – The reflective bat emblem on the tongue of this LX2200 immediately reveals the Batman inspiration of this refreshed running silhouette from Reebok OG. The sneaker embodies Batman’s impressive Batsuit through several details, including the foam molded synthetics and embossing on the upper that represent the Batsuit’s molded and distressed armor respectively. Available in unisex sizes from 2.5 – 12.
• Club C 85 (HQ4573, $110) – The Joker wreaks havoc on the Club C 85 from the inside of the shoe, which is covered in graphics that reference his ear-splitting laugh to the tear-off pieces of fabric on the upper that represent the many sneaky layers of his personality. To allow the wearer to further illustrate the Joker’s personality, the tongue features a hidden Joker that can be removed and used as a calling card. Available in unisex sizes from 2.5 – 12.
• Nano X2 (HQ4585, $150) – Wonder Woman’s impressive armor guides the design of this version of Reebok’s most versatile training shoe, the Nano X2. The shoes’ upper contains a reflective light that creates a similar effect to Wonder Woman’s distracting bracelets, and the rest of her suit’s iconic construction can be seen on various leather and metal accents. The wearer is accessorized with an additional set of reflective laces, symbolic of Wonder Woman’s signature Lasso of Truth. Available in unisex sizes 4 – 13.
• Freestyle Hello (HQ4572, $100) – The stunning Harley Quinn inspired one of Reebok’s most iconic female silhouettes, the Freestyle Hi. The upper includes graphics that reference a range of her accessories, from her iconic hammer to her roller skates. A deep blue bleeds from the heel to the white upper, very similar to the design of her favorite shirt. Available in women’s sizes 2.5 – 8.5.
• Training Plus (HQ4575, $100) – This glow-in-the-dark version of the Workout Plus brings Lex Luthor’s poisonous kryptonite suit to sneakers. From the glow-in-the-dark outsole to the cracked glow-in-the-dark edges of the upper, the shoe will make the wearer feel invincible. The silhouette is completed with a Lace Dubrae ring that mimics Lex’s bold green kryptonite ring. Available in unisex sizes 2 – 14.
Paired with the shoes is a line of unisex clothing featuring a collection of graphic t-shirts and hoodies. Each piece features iconic logos from the world of DC, highlighting the good versus evil theme present throughout the collection.